Bugs in SCO XENIX uucico?

Harald Milne harald at boink.UUCP
Sat Aug 18 08:05:53 AEST 1990

    In trying to track down why uucp fails 9 out 10 times, if found this
bit of disturbing output from setting debug on an outgoing uucp transfer.

ISTRIP cleared
imsg >^M^J^PShere=ccicpg^@Login Successful: System=whocares
omsg "Sboink -Q0 -x7"
imsg >^J^PROK^@msg-ROK

	Note that omsg reports that -Q0 is being sent. This switch value should
be the current value in /usr/spool/uucp/.Sequence for that site.

	If this is really what is getting sent, It's no small wonder uucico fails
attempting to resynchronize.

	I don't know if this being sent without debug. If this happens only in
debug, then debuging is a pretty useless effort.

	This really anoying. Things are bad enough just trying track problems
without creating new ones.

	Does happen to any else, or do I live in vacuum?

	This is SCO XENIX 2.3.2.

	Unfortunately, this also 286 XENIX, so a fix isn't likely to be
forthcoming.

--
Harald Milne                   RISCy business	       uunet!ccicpg!boink!harald