Need help with screen dump on Xenix based printer.

Steven M. List itkin at mrspoc.Transact.COM
Fri Aug 31 09:42:21 AEST 1990

srb at beach.cis.ufl.edu (Sreedhar Barakam) writes:

>I need info. on doing a screen dump to Xenix(SCO 2.2 and 2.3) based
>printer.

>I got information that SCO Xenix 2.2 do not allow screen dump capability.
>Any pointers regarding this will be appreciated.

>Sreedhar.

There are a couple of possibilities:

1.  Using the printer port on a terminal (least attractive)
2.  Using the command that tells a terminal to send it's contents back
    to the host, then print that information (we've used this in the
    past and it's not too bad)
3.  Use a package like MultiView or use Emacs or anything else that uses
    pseudo-ttys and captures a screen image.  Then that software will
    almost undoubtedly have the capability to print the screen image
    (as MultiView and Emacs do).