Problems Installing V2.3.2 of SCO Xenix386...

Mowgli Assor mowgli at ichthyosaur.cis.ohio-state.edu
Sun Aug 26 06:22:42 AEST 1990

Well, we just ran into a rather major snag while installing Version 2.3.2R of
SCO Xenix 386. The machine is a PS/2 Model 80 (115Mb HD, 6Mb RAM) with an
IBM PS/2 Internal Tape Drive (& 3.5 Floppy Drive A). The kernel will not link
the tape drivers, either with or without the DigiBoard drivers already instal-
led. What happens when I do /etc/install is the following:

(It loads the tar stuff from disk, & then says adding modules to /usr/sys/conf/
link_xenix, then asks if I want to relink the kernel now. I say yes.)

Relinking the kernel...
../mdep/libmdep.a(pgbuild.c) : fatal error: attempt to access data outside segm
ent bounds
 pos: d6d4 Record type: 91

Error: Relink of the kernel failed!

Then it mentions the general sorry message, & says call the mktg. rep. This
being a weekend, most mktg. reps unfortunately have the day off, including
those at SCO & the local SCO reps.

Since we need to get this fixed ASAP, can anyone help me out with this? If so,
please send me mail!
					Thanks, <Mowgli>
--
Address: mowgli@[cis | osu-20.ircc].ohio-state.edu (Mowgli Assor in real life)
"Too many lonely hearts in the real world. Too many lonely nights in the real