1) Mulitscreen switching 2) event driver, 3) Kernel hacking

P.Garbha pgd at bbt.se
Tue Aug 21 18:02:30 AEST 1990

1) How do i switch console multiscreen from a program?

   If you wonder why, it is that i put the keyboard into "RAW" (scancode)
   mode, and then the console multiscreen keys don't work any more.

2) Has anyone gotten the xenix event driver to work with a mouse?

   Problem: It works for me, but in 9 cases of of 10, it gives
   "illegal value error in ev_open". It is very troublesome to get the
   error away. Not connecting the mouse, it fails much more seldom,
   but still does sometimes.
   I works best on a Specialix multi-port serial card. On /dev/tty1a
   it works the first time. The second time, it first gives the error,
   but if I insist, it hangs instead, and only a reboot helps.

   Due to lack of responses to my previous query about the problem, I
   have to "hack it away" from the kernel myself.
   So question 3 is:

3) Is there something like a "kernel debugger" for xenix.
   Then it would be so easy just to step through the failing routine,
   and figure out what is wrong.