backing up an entire unix/xenix system

Steve M. Ciarciello steve at icdi50.UUCP
Thu Aug 9 11:04:13 AEST 1990

Does anybody know of a utility that will back up an entire disk drive to
streaming tape under SCO Xenix or Unix.

The utility that I would like to have would allow the end user to backup
every block of the disk thereby allowing a complete disk restore from the
tape. This would therefore include the operating system and all filesystems.

I ask this question because I come from a world of mini computers that would
backup everything. A restore of the entire system from this type backup was
very easy.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Steve Ciarciello