Telebit T1000 problems

neal at mnopltd.UUCP neal at mnopltd.UUCP
Wed Aug 15 10:18:27 AEST 1990

->
->I am having a problem getting a T1000 Telebit to connect properly with a
->Trailblazer Plus over standard telephone lines.
->
->The T1000 is running on tty1A, on a 386 clone running SCO XENIX 2.3.2. The
->Devices file shows:
->
->ACU tty1A - 9600 T1000
->
->The system being called works with everything else it talks to, but there are
->no other TB's calling _in_ for comparison, so there could be a problem there
->as well. dialTBIT has never worked, and the TB+ is run from Dialers and
->nvram:

I just know I going to get stomped on for this but, why haven't you used the
dialTBIT?  Did it need to get compiled?

I just plugged in

ACU tty2a - 19200 dialTBIT

and it ran like koolaid downhill.   There are some special things you can
do with yer phone numbers like a "P" on the end forces PEP, etc;  you gotta
scan the source for the details.   The neat thing about dialTBIT versus the
Dialers stuff is you can customize the parameters for each site you dial.
Also it will initialize the modem via
	dialTBIT -z /dev/tty2a 19200

and you can see what is going on via the -x9 argument.

AND OF COURSE IT ISN'T STANDARD SYS V SO IT DRIVES EVERYONE ELSE CRAZY !!!

(the one decent thing they left in sco unix........)