problems with ungetty

neal at mnopltd.UUCP neal at mnopltd.UUCP
Fri Aug 31 06:37:21 AEST 1990

->We are running XENIX System V and are having extensive problems with out
->dial-in/dial-out port also.  We are using a SupraModem 2400 and have
->experienced the same problems using it on a multiport board and on
->"COM1" (tty1A).
->
->We have a line in Devices that looks like:
->
->ACU tty3A - 1200-2400 /usr/lib/uucp/dialHA24
->
->The port is enabled as usual.  After some (but not all) uucp dial-outs,
->the port will "hang" in one or both of these ways:
->
->- modem not returned to ATS0=1 (won't autoanswer)
->- getty won't respond after connection
->
->This has been verified to happen only after uucp dial-outs, and seems to
->occur randomly otherwise (i.e. successful vs. unsuccessful connections
->make no difference).

I can only commiserate.  I recently started leaving my Tbit enabled for
login all the time.  And noticed that DTR often drops after uucp uses it.
Lacking time to fiddle,  I took the brute force approach of disable/enable
afterwards, which somewhat helps.