Xenix and Trailblazers!

Ray Shwake shwake at raysnec.UUCP
Thu Aug 30 00:20:10 AEST 1990

mcormier at isishq!micor (Michel B. Cormier (SYSOP)) writes:

>   As anyone been able to setup xenix with a TrailBlazer (actually a
>telebit T2500) such that the getty always runs at 19200bauds and the
>modem accepts calls at any speed???   I've been trying to do this, but
>was unsuccessful.

	There are a number of viable approaches, but it could be the SPEED
being attempted that's the problem. Some boxes/ports simply can't run
reliably at that speed, whereas they could handle 9600 without problem.
(My NEC 386/20 is in that category, whether running Xenix/386 or SCO UNIX.)
Some have resorted to hardware/software upgrades (like the 16550/FAS) to
handle such problems. (If yours doesn't work at 9600 either, write and
we'll outline our own approach.)