EXCELAN LAN WORKPLACE

Devon Tuck tuck at iris.ucdavis.edu
Wed Aug 29 04:10:56 AEST 1990

In article <27089009:12:31KRW1 at lehigh.bitnet> KRW1 at Lehigh writes:
>Has anyone been successful in getting Excelan's LAN WorkPlace
>for Xenix operational.  We have been trying to get the streams
>components which the documentation says are required: Streams
>Runtime and Streams Toolkit.  No one seems to be able to tell
>us what the Toolkit is or how to order it.  We've been run around
>by SCO for months now.  Has anyone else found SCO thoroughly
>impossible to deal with on orders and delivery?  -- Kevin

We had no problem getting Lan WorkPlace running.  We had Xenix-Net, and
when we realized we needed Streams, we called up SCO and they sent it out
to us.  There may have been a charge for Streams, but I don't think so.
You just install it with Custom right after Xenix Net, and before Lan
WorkPlace, then do a mkdev xnet, and off you go.

Devon
tuck at iris.ucdavis.edu