how to connect to ethernet

David Jaffe jaffe at hoss.unl.edu
Thu Aug 16 08:12:58 AEST 1990

Could someone please explain what is involved in connecting an
80386 running xenix to an ethernet cable?  Down the hall from me is
a "thick" ethernet cable.  (I don't know what the "thick" means.)
I have heard of various devices for tapping into the cable: dspr's,
ethernet boards, ... .  What device do I need and how much does it cost?
For some other machines, this seems to depend on the difference between
thick and thin.  What software do I need?

David Jaffe (jaffe at hoss.unl.edu)
University of Nebraska, Lincoln