TCP/IP loosing packets

Roger Knopf 5502 rogerk at sco.COM
Thu Aug 2 13:18:37 AEST 1990

In article <14215 at oolong.la.locus.com> osvaldo at apollo.la.locus.com (Osvaldo Gold) writes:
>                             I just brought up a 386 box running SCO Xenix
>with TCP/IP installed on an ehernet network with machines mainly running AIX.
>I get about a 22% packet loss !!!!  The Xenix box already panic'ed twice.
>
>Does anybody know what is going on???

Its hard to say for sure without many more details. I know of at
least one instance where significant packet loss was traced to
a hardware incompatibility between the network card and the
transceiver. Best get your hardware and software vendors involved.
Problems like this can be tough to track down.

--
Roger Knopf                                      <standard disclaimer applies>
SCO Consulting Services			  "The True Believers will...formulate