WP under Xenix questions

Ben A. Hunsberger benah at adspp.uucp
Tue Aug 14 23:12:51 AEST 1990

In article <959 at bbxsda.UUCP> scott at bbxsda.UUCP (Scott Amspoker) writes:
>In article <380 at pirates.UUCP> univac at pirates.pirates.uucp (Chuck Brown) writes:
>>1) Has anyone gotten WP to work correctly under Xenix 2.3.2 and the multiview
>>   product?  We just get the message "Application has output control sequences
>>   unknown to Multiview"
>
>We use WP 4.2 under Xenix 2.3.2 and are quite happy with it.  We had to give
>up on Multiview a while back since WP (and many other applications) did
>not work because of Multiview's narrow understanding of control sequences.

MultiView operates by looking at the control sequences sent to your
terminal, it then matches that to a MAP, IGN, or ALL file.  The Map file
is used to reinterparate what is sent to something MulitView
understands.  These are all documented in your MultiView manual.  To
"debug" the application in question execute MultiView as follows

   mview -d

This will tell you all the sequences you need to give Multiview a
definition of.  You will probably need to both provide more definiton to
MultiView's MAP files and also modify the control sequences sent by WP
using WP's term program.

We currently have 4.2 WP working under Multiview for wyse 60 epc style
terminals.  It took a bit to do and we had to strip WP of its character
downloading.  But, it works great.

WP 5.0 is a different animal because of its graphical use of the
terminals and we have not yet tackled this project.  Has anyone else?
--
Benjamin A. Hunsberger | uunet!rutgers!iuvax!ndmath!nstar!adspp!benah
MicroAge/Abacus        | benah at adspp.UUCP