Please help me make Perl under Xenix

Tom Betz tbetz at dasys1.uucp
Sun May 27 11:00:55 AEST 1990

I'm trying unsuccessfully to compile Perl 3.0, PL 8, under Xenix
2.3.1.  I have the PL4 Xenix patch, but it seems to break later
patches, so I have not installed it.

The make is failing while trying to compile dolist.c with
repetetive "error C2037: left of 'tm_*' specifies undefined
struct/union" messages, where '*' is replaced with
'sec','min','hour','mday','mon','year','wday','yday', and 'isdat'.

It appears that something is wrong with the way it is dealing
with the time libraries.

Can anyone advise me what I can do to fix this?  Do patches > 8
fix this?  All patches, fixes, and advice are welcome.

Also, is there a Postscript --> nroff translator or Postscript
--> ASCII translator out there, so I can use the Perl reference
manual that was posted recently?  I don't have a Postscript
printer available to me.

Thank you.

--
"I don't run - I tend to black my eyes." - D.Parton | hombre!marob!upaya!tbetz