Need help sending null-containing files to a printer

John Beaudin john at beaudin.UUCP
Wed May 2 04:39:45 AEST 1990

** For SCO Unix 3.2 on a 386 **

Sorry if I've missed this problem being reported before.

The 'cat' & 'lp' cmds seem to be responsible for eating some/all
of these null characters. I'm doing a little bit of printing in
graphics mode on a parallel printer.

How can I send the entire contents of the file to the device (/dev/lp0) ?
I do have a development system. Thanks.

P.S. somebody sent me an email note regarding an update to get VPIX
working, during installation, under SCO Unix 3.2. I've lost your address
but wish to say thanks for the clue. My update is on the way.

Also thanks for those who responded for my query regarding dial in/out
modem port setup.
--
My .signature is awaiting apropriate display technology