Multiport Serial Boards...

Peter Franks pete at indep1.UUCP
Sun May 6 02:11:31 AEST 1990

In article <2494 at crash.cts.com> jca at pnet01.cts.com (John C. Archambeau) writes:
>Maybe I should add an extra constraint that I neglected, the board has to
>support hardware flow control.  You need that if you're going to hang a US
>Robotics HST or Dual Standard HST and have things run smoothly.
>
>Only two that I know of that support hardware flow control are the Computone
>and Digiboard.  One soul in e-mail told me the Maxspeed does not support
>hardware flow control, ok, out goes that one.

We've had an Arnet Smartport 8 port board here in indep1 for almost 2 years.
It definitely has hardware flow control - it's running a Trailblazer Plus
at 19200 on one of its ports without any problems.  When doing uucp transfers
at 19200, I can see the data lights start and stop every now and then when
the hardware flow control turns things off.

We just got the new driver from Arnet - all we had to do was give them a
phone call.  No hassle, no problems, and NO CHARGE!!