Email/MMDF delivery failures - help needed

Joe Huffman joe at proto.UUCP
Thu May 31 02:59:55 AEST 1990

In article <109 at mixcom.UUCP>, sysop at mixcom.UUCP (System Operator) writes:
> I am running SCO UNIX Sys V 3.2.  I have an email problem.
> Email from other machines does not always get delivered.
> It usually does, but not always.  Sometimes it gets delivered
> with a garbled header.
.
. [stuff deleted]
.
> Can someone suggest ideas why email from certain machines sometimes
> gets delivered and other times is dumped into the directory
> mentioned above?  The email has a correct address (user name).
> The machine has plenty of disk space.

I have the same problem.  I haven't associated it with a particular
machine/route for the mail source.  I use the above mentioned command to
make sure everything gets delivered.  And I have uucheckque run once a
day and mail me the status.  I just started doing this a week ago.  I
haven't really figured out the cause yet.  I suspect, but haven't tested it
yet, that it may be related to VP/ix running at the same time mail comes in.
Not allways of course, just sometimes, it may be load related.

I haven't sent in a bug report yet because I didn't have it isolated enough

joe at proto.uucp
uunet!proto!joe
FAX: 208-263-8772