"inews - found bad ngize"?

Doug Toppin toppin at melpar.UUCP
Thu May 3 00:40:36 AEST 1990

Please help! I just reinstalled news on a 286 SCO Xenix 2.3.2 and
am getting the 'active' file corrupted.
On most news coming in I get this msg

"inews - found bad ngsize - xxxxxxxxxx ng comp.lang.c, setting to 1"

Where the x's are a concatenation of the numeric fields of active.
The result is a really messed up set of news and readnews complains
that active is corrupted and will not run at all.
The active has indeed been corrupted with numerous groups having the
blank between the numeric fields replaced with a 0.
If you have seen this or know why active is being corrupted please
send mail to me (if you post I won't be able to read it).

thanks
Doug Toppin
uunet!melpar!toppin