ramdisk

root root at ozdaltx.UUCP
Thu May 31 16:21:28 AEST 1990

SCO XENIX 2.2.3 - 286
I want to install a ram disk as my /tmp directory to lessen some of
the load on my hard disk.  I built /dev/ram01 175 as per instructions
and then mounted it to /tmp.  seemed to work OK as far as I could
tell, at least, it was listed in the mount table.  I shut the system
down (sync;haltsys) and on reboot, I got the note the structure needed
cleaning (/dev/ram01).  I tried to run fsck /dev/ram01 with no
success.  The manual isn't very clear on setting ramdisk as a
perminent fixture.  What am I doing wrong?
Thanks...
scotty at ozdaltx