Xenix 2.3.2; what's wrong with /usr/lib/term/mkterm.o ???

Jean-Pierre Radley jpr at dasys1.uucp
Sat May 26 03:43:00 AEST 1990

In article <539 at srwic.UUCP> sralston at srwic.UUCP (Steve Ralston) writes:
>I am trying to build a new /usr/lib/term file for use with nroff/troff.
>As root, I cd to /usr/lib/term and run make with the following results:
>
>|	make -b TAB=tabuser mkterm
>|	cc -O -c tabuser.c
>|tabuser.c
>|	cc -o mkterm mkterm.o tabuser.o
>|mkterm.o(mkterm.c) : fatal error: mkterm.o : segment defined both 16- & 32-bit
>|
>| pos: 79 Record type: 98
>|*** Error code 2
>|
>|Stop.
>
>Since the mkterm.o file is supplied with SCO Xenix (without source) there's
>not much I can do about it.  Anybody else ever run into this or have any
>clues as to what the problem and/or solution is?

Yup. I've seen it too, and got pretty frustrated.

I was going to try to contact SCO about it, but I think I moved on to
other things and forgot about it.

If you have a good dealer who can present the problem to SCO, then
please go ahead, and let me know what you learn.

If you'd rather, write me back, and I'll throw it at my dealer, who
seems to know how to get good answers out of SCO.
Jean-Pierre Radley					      jpr at jpradley.uucp
New York, NY					      72160.1341 at compuserve.com