SCO Reveals solution to the WP 5.0 / VP/ix problem!

Rich Seligson rich at aggie.UUCP
Thu May 3 15:32:48 AEST 1990

In article <2445 at crash.cts.com> jca at pnet01.cts.com (John C. Archambeau) writes:
>bob at consult.UUCP (Bob Willey) writes:
>>We have been running WordPerfect 5.0 under SCO Xenix for several
>>months now and very successfully (we were a BETA test site).
>
>I talked to our WordPerfect representative last Friday, and I don't blame
>people for trying to get it to run under VP/ix since the Xenix version of 5.0
>wasn't available until recently.  If people want the features of 5.0 under
>Xenix and they have VP/ix, what do you think they're going to do?
...[stuff deleted]...
>                ...  People are going to run the latest version of WordPerfect
>under VP/ix or DOSMerge until the version for their *nix platform is
>available. ...

I wholeheartedly agree.  For example, WP 5.1 is now available for DOS.
This version has some significant (to me) improvements over 5.0.  Any
word on when this might be out for Unix?

I don't use VP/ix because I enjoy working with DOS, it just happens to
be the environment that has the software I need.

Rich

P.S.  I haven't seen WordPerfect under Unix.  Does it look as good as
      the DOS version?  How is the page preview?  I assume that can't
      be done on a text-only terminal, but on a "workstation" with
      graphics...  email any opinions and info (thanks!)

rich at cyanamid.com    or   ...rutgers!aggie!rich