Xsight

Rick Stout rick at crash.cts.com
Thu May 10 00:24:01 AEST 1990

Hi Netters.

Has anyone been able to get Xsight (the X window part of Open Desktop)
to run on a computer with a plasma display?

I have just finished putting the whole thing on a Compaq Portable 386.
Unix works fine but when I try to log into 'odt' I get the error:

--------------------------------
Fatal server bug!
GRAPHICS MODE ioctl failure

giving up
xinit: Invalid argument (errno 22): unable to connect to X server

The Compaq Portable 386 with a plasma screen is listed in the
SCO books as tested hardware.  I find nothing in the release notes
about it.

SCO says they will call me on Friday between 10 and 11.  Thanks alot!

Any help is appreciatied!

-Rick
email: uunet!eysd!rick