Non-letters on SLS support

Karl Denninger karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Thu May 31 10:53:21 AEST 1990

In article <2265 at crdos1.crd.ge.COM> davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.com (bill davidsen) writes:

>  One of my minor gripes with the SLS updates is that the cover letters
>don't clearly state what they are supposed to fix, add, or change.
>
>  As soon as I get a system with a WD1006 hanging (I have seen
>repeatable cases of this) I'm going to put in the WD1007 patch which
>(probably) addresses the same problem. At any rate the helpful person on
>the phone said that it addressed hanging due to overlapping seeks (more
>or less). That seems to be a candidate for the 1006 problem as well.

This >is< the same problem, at least on ISC.

There is a one-line fix (that I've previously posted) for ISC.  I suspect
that this patch will fix it for Xenix as well.

--
Karl Denninger (karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM, <well-connected>!ddsw1!karl)
Public Access Data Line: [+1 708 808-7300], Voice: [+1 708 808-7200]