Xenix GCC/gcc.c -l option fails to order libraries correctly

Steve Bleazard steve at robobar.co.uk
Tue May 8 01:24:19 AEST 1990

In article <1990May5.204319.7007 at dallnix.uucp> bob at dhw68k.cts.com (Bob Best) writes:

> Here's a minor quibble: [as of patch including #pragma pack support]
>
> If you try to force the linker to search Slibc.a before a local library
> (say libfoo.a) using 'gcc -o foo -lc libfoo.a foo.o' you're out of luck...
> gcc will pass libfoo.a to linker prior to Slibc.a.

This is a bug in the way I handled -l.  The Xenix ld doesn't grok -l,
so I had to modify the gcc driver.  Unfortunately, I forgot about this
case :-(.  I'll fix this in the next patch kit.

Steve.
--
Steve.Bleazard at RoboBar.Co.Uk        | Phone:  +44 1 991 1142 x153
Snr Software Engineer, Robobar Ltd. | Fax:    +44 1 998 8343 (G3)