alternate serial driver for Xenix 286 2.3.x

Paolo Pennisi silos at bench.sublink.ORG
Sat May 5 04:21:19 AEST 1990

I'm running a Xenix 286 site and I will use soon a Telebit 2500 modem,
I would like to achieve the maximux thruput from the T2500, connecting
it steady-way to my computer. I use an 16550AN equipped rs232 card.
Since Xenix driver neither handle correct hardware (RTS/CTS) handshake,
and at 19200 baud the io burden will be very intensive, expecially for
non UUCP file tranfers, I would like to use a new serial driver which
uses the improved features of the 16550AN.
I have the fasy driver for Interactive Unix, I know it could be ported
easily to SCO Unix, maybe it could be ported with more work to Xenix 386,
but I need something for my damned Xenix 286 2.3.2.

Any help would be appreciated.
   Paolo.
--
 (ARPA) silos at bench.sublink.ORG				Paolo Pennisi
 (BANG) ...!deejay!bench!silos				via Solari 19