editor query

Doug Moen doug at hcr.UUCP
Mon Oct 31 14:59:29 AEST 1983

How would you solve the following problem:
I am in the editor, and would like to delete all lines
within a specified range that contain a match for regular
expression /A/, but *not* for regular expression /B/.
For 'editor', substitute the name of your favourite text
editor.  The only way I can think of doing this in ed (or ex)
is by typing
	<m>,<n> g/A/ .v/B/ d
unfortunately, nested global commands are forbidden in ed
and its relatives.

Does *your* favourite editor provide a reasonable way
to do this?  If so, how, and where can I get a copy?
			Doug Moen
{decvax,watmath,utzoo,cbosgd,ihnp4,logica,research}!hcr!doug