UNIX 4.1

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.UUCP
Fri Oct 7 09:15:09 AEST 1983

"I would bet that 4.2 does everything 4.1 does, although differently."

That's probably a fair statement, from the documentation we've seen
so far.  In fact, some of us would phrase it  a little more strongly:

"4.2BSD does everything UNIX does, but differently."

Less rhetorically, when you look at 4.2, make sure you look at the
4.2 which is actually delivered, not the one that's been promised for
the last year or two.  Some major features slipped to 4.3 recently.
--
				Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology