vi: function keys; termcap: k0-k9; terminfo

chris at umcp-cs.UUCP chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Mon Feb 6 16:14:53 AEST 1984

Vi (at least the one that comes with 4.1BSD) looks at k0 through k9.
If you ":map #1 frobozz", then "k0" produces "frobozz".

[By the way, this has reminded me of a fun experiment.  What will
happen if you enter Vi and type ":ab foo foo", then type "ifoo "?
Think about it, then try it.  The most interesting part is what
happens after you hit DEL.]

Terminfo has basically the same set of "k" keys as termcap.  (I
think...  don't have my cheat sheet handy.  PS thanks Mark)
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris.umcp-cs at CSNet-Relay