DBX & SDB: global variables (FLAME)

Guido van Rossum guido at mcvax.UUCP
Tue Feb 28 12:42:36 AEST 1984

I read:
	From kvm at basser.SUN (Karlos Mauvtaque) Sat Mar  3 03:43:58 1984
	I'm really stumped how people can write such bad debuggers.  Even adb
	can get at global variables!  We use bedbug(1).  It knows C well.
	Mail the author ...!decvax!mulga!brucee:basser for details.

I'm really stumped how people can give their opinion about subjects on which
they apparently don't know a thing.  Dbx and sdb are perfectly capable of
accessing global variables (for dbx 'print variable' will do it).
Have you considered that the person who asked the question just hadn't read
the manual nor asked a friend before posting?