inittab entries - (nf)

rpw3 at fortune.UUCP rpw3 at fortune.UUCP
Sat Feb 11 19:05:38 AEST 1984

#R:denelcor:-28700:fortune:26900024:000:575
fortune!rpw3    Feb 11 00:32:00 1984

At Fortune we went a little further than Geoff at Callan. We bit the
bullet and add an IOCTL for copying the current modes to the default
(after close) modes, so you can say "stty 1200 savemodes >/dev/tty05",
for example. Modes are copied from the defaults on each "first open",
so 'hupcls' doesn't wipe the default speed.

This makes non-login ports (printers, comm lines) VERY much easier
to deal with.

Rob Warnock

UUCP:	{sri-unix,amd70,hpda,harpo,ihnp4,allegra}!fortune!rpw3
DDD:	(415)595-8444
USPS:	Fortune Systems Corp, 101 Twin Dolphins Drive, Redwood City, CA 94065