UNIX Reference Materials --- Product - (nf)

davy at ecn-ee.UUCP davy at ecn-ee.UUCP
Wed Feb 29 23:15:07 AEST 1984

#R:teltone:-24200:ecn-ee:17100001:000:694
ecn-ee!davy    Feb 29 08:03:00 1984

	And if SSC *did* use the compact directory as a mailing list,
were they right or wrong?  There's no law against it, I suppose, but
what with all the "no advertising on the net" stuff, is this practice
ethical?

	I personally don't mind (first, I'm not on the list, second, I
love junk mail, in moderation), but I'm sure many people hadn't planned
on listing their site just to receive mail from some company that happens
to be on the net.

	Perhaps we should wait to hear from SSC (whoever posted their
first article, are you listening?) before we condemn them for something
they may not have done.

--Dave Curry
decvax!pur-ee!davy

P.S. - This discussion should probably move to net.news