Booting 4.2BSD on 11/730

sysred at psuvax.UUCP sysred at psuvax.UUCP
Tue Feb 7 05:25:22 AEST 1984

I'm trying to boot 4.2BSD on an 11/730 with an RL02 and an R80.
Is it possible to run 4.2BSD (at least a subset) on just the
RL02?

Also, the path I have to take is rather convoluted.  The final target
machine has no tape drive.  However, we have access to an identical
11/730 with a tape drive.  Is it possible to transfer (again, some
subset of 4.2BSD) to RL02 WITHOUT trashing the R80 (which is currently
running VMS).  I.e., what I want to do is borrow the second 11/730
for a while, make some tape->RL02 copies, carry the RL02s to the
final target machine, and bring up 4.2 on the target machine.

Thanks for any help and/or enlightenment.

--
Ralph Droms
Computer Science Department		(814) 865-9505