Need microcomputer "C" with UNIX IO

MCGREW at RU-BLUE.ARPA MCGREW at RU-BLUE.ARPA
Tue Feb 14 06:29:37 AEST 1984

From:  Charles <MCGREW at RU-BLUE.ARPA>

Hello,

	We're implementing a multi-user distributed adventure game
here and want to find a C with UNIX IO (as close to Berkely's as
possible would be nice).  We're soliciting for comments and
suggestions on the C compilers available.

	We are talking mostly about small machines, as in 6502, Z80 or
(gag me with advertising hype) 8088, but comments about C that runs on
non-unix 68000s would be appreciated.

	It should be a complete C through to enumeration types.  We
need to watch two ports at once (keyboard and communications), so some
kind of non-blocking IO or interrupt support would be a must.

Needed features:
	fseek
	non-blocked IO (as in NO_DELAY in ioctl), or better,
	IO interrupt signals as on Berkely.

Desired features:
	enumeration types
	reasonably fast code (always a help, eh?)

Please send recommendations and comments to MCGREW at RU-BLUE.

Thanks,

Charles
-------