inittab entries

Lyle McElhaney lmc at denelcor.UUCP
Mon Jan 30 03:13:47 AEST 1984

Can some kindly soul tell me what I can put in an inittab (USG Unix, now)
entry to set the baud rate and other port characteristics, but not leave
getty hanging around on that port? I've tried various combinations
of stty and so on, but nothing reliably serts the characteristics but getty,
whichI have to (sometimes) later blow away. I can, of course, hack the
getty source into something to do this and then exit, but I think that
there must be something available (ain't there?).

Thanks for your help.
--
		Lyle McElhaney
		(hao,brl-bmd,nbires,csu-cs,scgvaxd)!denelcor!lmc