Who's Next? (Version 2)

Mike Ward ward at hao.UUCP
Fri Jan 6 01:49:58 AEST 1984

Stephan Perelgut writes:
> The most popular operating system seems to change every few years.  First
> it was UCSD-Pascal, then it was CP/M, then MS-DOS, and the upcoming
> pop-OS seems to be Unix.

Bad news, Steve: there are big computers out there, too.  And most users
of computers are securely caught in the Big Blue Cage.  Enough of those
Blue users have (unbelievable as it may seem) been convinced that they
actually *like* it that the winner of the most popular OS has got to be
OS/370, VM/370 or MVS.  Where is Seargant Pepper when we need him?
--
Michael Ward

{ucbvax!hplabs | allegra!nbires | decvax!kpno | harpo!seismo | ihnp4!kpno}
       		        !hao!sa%ward