Introductory CS Text Sought

chayashi%bbn-unix at sri-unix.UUCP chayashi%bbn-unix at sri-unix.UUCP
Wed Jan 4 01:22:24 AEST 1984

From:  Curt Hayashi <chayashi at bbn-unix>

        I'm looking for a book (maybe not a text) through which someone with
        NO previous experience can have demystified the subject of computers,
        both hardware and software.  The reader may be someone who is
        preparing to use a word processor, take a programming course, or who
        is just curious.  It should not presuppose a progression to more and
        more sophisticated texts.

        Therefore, I'd like your advice about books which tread the middle
        path and are not sugar-coated or overly academic.

	Thanks,

	Curt Hayashi