4.1bsd munhash crashes fix request

lou at AEROSPACE.ARPA lou at AEROSPACE.ARPA
Thu May 24 05:14:11 AEST 1984

From:            Lou Nelson <lou at AEROSPACE.ARPA>

We at Aerospace are running 4.1bsd with BBN Internet
software and have recently started suffering munhash
crashes, first about one a week and, very recently, three in
one day.  We are doing interleaved swapping and have an 8
Mbyte main memory.

One user claims that the crashes always happen (but not
every time) when he is running sdb on a moderately large
program, probably about 150 Kbytes, stops on a break point,
looks at some variables, and then tries to resume execution.
The crash occurs at the last step.

Would one of you Wizards out there please tell me what
kernel fix or sdb fix (hard to believe) will stop this?
Thanks.
Lou

Please note that the Internet address for Aerospace is
192.5.9.2 while we struggle with some broken 1822 hardware.
That change is in the latest hosts.txt from the NIC, but not
all of you may have it.

You may also reply over uucp by getting to trwrb and using a
suffix of aero!lou.