swap space

Jamie Evans jle at ncsu.UUCP
Wed May 2 01:58:51 AEST 1984

	We recently added a 3-pack of ra81's to our 780 running
UNIX 4.2.  After configuring the devices in, I also configured
additional swap space for the 81's.  I heard that when using a
cluster of 3 81's, it is a good idea to have a least 2 additional
areas of swap space.  We are using the 81's for user space only,
and are not booting up on them.  But during the boot up time, I
get the following messages:

	Adding /dev/ra0b as swap device
	No such device: \c
	Adding /dev/ra2b as swap device
	No such device: \c

	I have asked around, and have not found a solution yet.  Is
this a bug fix under 4.2 that we missed?  Below are the entries for
the swap devices under our /etc/fstab:

	/dev/ra0b:swap:sw:1:3
		.
		.
		.
	/dev/ra2b:swap:sw:1:3

	Any ideas would be appreciated. Please mail ideas, do not
post them to the net.  Thanks in advance.

				Jamie Evans
				decvax!mcnc!ncsu!jle