query on vax 11/725 unix (reposting)

prog at usceast.UUCP prog at usceast.UUCP
Sat May 12 06:51:06 AEST 1984

<it's a feature, really>
This didn't make it far the first time, so here it is again :

Here in the computer science department of the University of South
Carolina, we will shortly be installing several Vax 11/725's.
We would like to run Unix on them, and we wondered what is available
for this machine.  In particular, we would like to run 4.2Bsd if
possible, since this is what we run on our 11/780, but failing that,
information on other Unixes would be appreciated.

We will be using the machines for graduate and undergraduate work,
so information about educational discounts would be pertinent also.
We are currently running v7m and 4.2bsd and have source licenses
for both.  Although we are not now running it, we do have a system 5
source license .

The configuration in question is :
	Vax 11/725
	2mb memory
	25 mb fixed disk
	25 mb removable disk
	2 TU58 tape cartridges
	synchronous network port

		Thanks in advance,
		Ted Nolan :		..decvax!mcnc!ncsu!ncrcae!usceast!prog

Unix is a trademark of Bell labs (or whatever it is now)
| Ken Sallenger ,Ted Nolan		 usceast!prog			  |
| Department of Computer Science       (graduate systems' programmers)	  |
| University of South Carolina						  |
| Columbia, SC 29208							  |