Fix to sidestep nonexistent/nonexecu - (nf)

code 101 honey at down
Wed May 16 12:57:39 AEST 1984

further illumination:  somes sites turn off uucp access during peak
hours by chmoding uucico.  the proposed hack thus throws a site to the
wolves, providing open access to anyone who can read L.sys on a
neighbor.  two asides:  changing the uucico passwd is more polite than
clobbering uucico since the conn() timeouts are shorter than the inital
handshake timeouts (45 sec. vs. from 90 to 180 sec.) second point:
occasionally i test my L.sys entries by hand; more than once i have
found myself talking to the shell.  if i'm wearing my mr. nice guy hat,
i simply log out.  if not -- look out!  third point (ok, so i don't
plan ahead):  your suggestion was apparently prompted by something less
than clear thinking.  (the same holds for your solution ...) be careful
-- it's a jungle out there!  prudence dictates at least one mock root
entry in /etc/passwd.  fourth point (i'm beside myself with asides):  i
moved this note to net.unix, since the topic appears to be singularly
shallow.
	peter honeyman