Help wanted with Curses Library Package

Corinna M. van der Veen cmv at duke.UUCP
Tue May 22 07:17:29 AEST 1984

<>

I am trying to use the Screen Updating and Cursor Movement Optimization
package, the curses library package.  All of the examples I have seen are
for screens that don't have to use the scrolling facility ( ex. j or ^D in
'vi' ). For my application I need a screen that scrolls.  The screen first
fills up with 24 lines of text. When the 25th line is printed out to the
screen, the top line is deleted, the rest of the lines are rewritten on
the line above the original line, and the new line is printed out at the
bottom of the screen.  I would like to have a screen that scrolls the way
'vi' and 'more' do.

Also I seem to be able to display on the screen without calling the
(w)refresh() routine. This might be causing my problem.

Duke is using 2.8bsd version 7.

If anyone has any experience with this I would appreciate some pointers
as what to do.  Please send me mail.

				Corinna van der Veen
				decvax!duke!cmv