need Unix KERMIT info

David B. Schnepper daves at ios.UUCP
Fri May 18 11:08:16 AEST 1984

I'm looking for a version of Kermit that runs on Vax 750/ 4.1BSD.
We'ld like to use it to transfer data to an IBM PC/XT.  We already
have the PC Kermit version, but nothing for the Vax.  Any information,
hints, pointers, etc, will be greatly appreciated.  Please

     {decvax!decwrl, hplabs!oliveb}!ios!daves

As a second item, could anyone please explain the difference between
Kermit, XMODEM, and UMODEM?  Thanks....

Dave Schnepper
ios!daves
Integrated Office Systems
20740 Valley Green Drive
Cupertino, CA 95014
(408) 257-0171             (Please call if you have Kermit info but can't
                            soon)