Socket help needed - (nf)

goldberg at uiucdcs.UUCP goldberg at uiucdcs.UUCP
Wed May 23 20:09:00 AEST 1984

#N:uiucdcs:39300010:000:652
uiucdcs!goldberg    May 23 05:09:00 1984

I am trying to use sockets on 4.2bsd, and I am having some trouble.  Basically,
what I would like to do is have a single server process communicating with
a variable number of client processes using AF_UNIX and SOCK_STREAM.
I need the daemon to communicate with many processes simultaneously in order
to pass info between them, so forking the daemon to deal with each process
is not practical.  Can this be done?  Do I have to go to connectionless
sockets with SOCK_DGRAM?  Thanks in advance for any help.  Please mail
replies to me, and I will summarize if there is interest.

				Phil Goldberg
				ihnp4!uiucdcs!goldberg
				goldberg at Uiuc.Rand-Relay