Help!

David Herron david at ukma.UUCP
Tue Nov 13 07:36:39 AEST 1984

^ From: johnson at hardy.DEC (MATT JOHNSON*381-1121*ZK01-3/E33)
^ Subject: Help!

^ Does anyone do direct phototypesetting of text formatted
^ with T-roff (sp?) under UNIX?

^ I'd be grateful for any leads,

^ MATT

It is hard to tell exactly what you want to know.  There is a company
("Accucom") which takes tapes with troff files on them and typesets
the text on an APS-5 phototypesetter.  (I don't know why they won't
accept things through uucp.  If they did it would improve the turnaround
time.)  (They use an "enhanced version" of ditroff for this).

I forget the exact price they charge but it's cheaper than buying
a typesetter.  For our purposes though, a laser printer is fine.

Accucom,
Bill Fullilove, Account Representative
(503) 684-2850
or
1-800-accucom

9730 S.W. Cascade Blvd.
Suite 220
Tigard, OR  97223

I talked to them once and they seemed reasonable.  The tape gets
to them and the typeset output back by Federal Express, to it is
a 2 day turnaround.

David Herron
Phone:	(606) 257-4244 (phone will be answered as "Vax Lab", usually).
	(606) 254-7820
                         /------- Arpa-Net
	unmvax----\     /
	research   >---/----------------/----------- anlams!ukma!david
	boulder---/                    /
	             decvax!ucbvax ---/   (or cbosgd!hasmed!qusavx!ukma!david)

For arpa-net, anlams has the name ANL-MCS.  (i.e. use "ukma!david at ANL-MCS").
I have been having intermittent problems with this address though.