UNIX and Business Applications

J. P. Jenal jpj at mss.UUCP
Mon Nov 26 16:36:03 AEST 1984

Greetings - Mayfield is in the process of trying to find a computer system
that can be used (ie shared) in the business office along with development
and pr.  My question is - do any of you out there have specific
recommendations regarding application packages running on UNIX systems that
might fill such a bill?  Here is a chance for you corporate types to prove
the $$value$$ of the net - we are ready to buy.  Responses are requested
asap - a formal request for proposals is available - just contact me.

To give you some idea of the ballpark that we are in, the current proposal
before us is from an outfit called Diversified Data Corp and they are
suggesting that we purchase an Irvine Computer Corp model 1600 mini running
the PICK operating system.  Total cost (including installation, 6 Wyse
model 50 terminals, three printers, a modem and there software) is ~ $70k.

Does anyone know anything about any of these items? I am concerned that we
might get stuck w/something that is unheard of and not likely to last long.
Any info that you might provide will be most gratefully received.

Cheers...

	Jim Jenal		(aka ...!scgvaxd!mss!jpj)
	Mayfield Senior School	( "  ...!ihnp4!mss!jpj)
	500 Bellefontaine St.
	P.O. Box 50050
	Pasadena, Ca. 91105-0050
	(818) 799-9121