BLTJ special UNIX issue (help: ordering info if outside US)

John P. Linderman jpl at allegra.UUCP
Mon Nov 26 03:13:39 AEST 1984

>  The number provided (800-432-6600) is not available from Canada.  Could
>  someone call and ask what the regular (non-toll-free) number is?

>  Thanks,
>  Jan Gray (jsgray at watmath.UUCP)   University of Waterloo   (519) 885-1211 x3870

You could try (201) 564-2582, which is the circulation desk for the BLTJ
here in New Jersey, if you are willing to spring for a long distance call
(and thereby contribute to my salary).  That's where I called to get the
original information.  Please do NOT call that number if you can use the
800 number.  If you are not in a hurry (which is a good thing to not be in,
because the issue seems to have sold out its first printing already),
you could write to

AT&T Bell Laboratories
Circulation Department
Room 1E-335
101 J. F. Kennedy Parkway
Short Hills, NJ  07078

The blurb in the front of the Journal makes it look like they want payment
in US funds, or a check drawn on a US Bank, and made out to the Technical
Journal.  Unfortunately, they don't say how much they want for the issue,
so you may have to exchange a couple of letters.  Since a full year (ten
issues) costs $35 ($45 foreign), a single issue shouldn't cost too much.

John P. Linderman  Department of Foreign Affairs  allegra!jpl