S1 really does live!!!

Rusty Haddock (Fe2O3) Haddock%ti-csl.csnet at CSNET-RELAY.ARPA
Sat Nov 17 03:40:23 AEST 1984

I had promised this response a while back to the person collecting
all the S-1 comments.   As stated below this is only a general response
and there was insufficent time to go one-by-one and reply to all of the
messages that were collected.   If you'd care to send mail to Gray
Huggins you'll have to send it to me and I'll forward via our local
DECNet.
	-Rusty-
                ---------------
Here is a basic reply that I would like to send for now.  A more detailed
reply might be merrited in the future.

S1 lives!  I have visited Multi Solutions twice and have been most impressed
with the staff and their product.  On the second trip, I spent two weeks with
MSI to port S1 to the Sage II 68000 system.  Their claim is that S1 can be
ported to another system in one week.  They weren't far wrong, it took four
days.  After porting directly to the Sage devices, we decided it would be
better to port using Sage's Ram Bios.  This took another four days.  All total,
two ports in eight days.

As all I have done is use S1 as a programmer to modify low level interrupt
routines necessary for the portin, I cannot comment on S1 in general.  However,
I would like some of the S1 critics to know that it is NOT vaporware.  It has
been seen and demonstrated, and is not a grad students dream and a marketing
guy's hype!

I would hope this reply will encourage others to take a real look at S1 and
not throw stones based on hearsay.

Regards,
Gray Huggins

This in no way reflects the opion of my employer, Texas Instruments, they
simply have provided me with the resources to send this mail.
-------