vt200 terminals

mather at uicsl.UUCP mather at uicsl.UUCP
Tue Nov 6 03:03:00 AEST 1984

Anybody out there got a termcap entry for the DEC vt220/240 terminals
that is in vt200 7 bit mode ?? The vt100 emulator mode works with the
vt100 termcap entries, but we would like to try some of the newer
functions (and function keys).

Also, I guess a terminal driver for emacs would need to be written to
take into account some to the differences (for one, there is no ESC key
in vt200 mode and you have to type cntl-3 (or cntl-[) to get it.

Also, is the 8 bit mode of the 200 terminals useful under UN*X or emacs ??

Anybody out there using the downloadable character set facility??

Is it a bother that the downloadable function keys have to be accessed with
the shift key ??

Do people use it's ReGis graphics mode?

I'd like to see some discussion about these terminals. Is there another
discussion group that would be more appropriate?

				b.c.mather
				uiucdcs!uicsl!mather