IBM Standard Label Tape

Robert T. Neece rtn at ncsu.UUCP
Fri Oct 5 05:27:27 AEST 1984

I am trying to change from an IBM system to a UNIX system.  I have a tape
of various files (various blocksizes etc.) written in EBCDIC with a standard
label.  I have not been successful in reading my tape using dd.  Nobody
currently at this site seems to know how to go about reading such a tape.
Enlightenment would be appreciated.  If it is possible, I would like to
read selected files rather than the whole tape.

                             Thanks in advance,

                             Robert Neece