printers on tty lines.

Lyle McElhaney lmc at denelcor.UUCP
Thu Oct 25 02:18:23 AEST 1984

On our 4.2 system we have several daisywheel printers on serial lines around
our plant. When I have to change ports for some reason, I, of course, change
/etc/printcap and /etc/ttys, do a kill -1 1, and everything appears to be ok.
However, when anything is sent to the printer, it gets munged, apparently
because the xon/xoff protocol is not working. This problem invariably goes
away when the system is rebooted, and everything is alright again.

Is there any way of reinitializing the port once I've got the getty off of
it, short of rebooting? The printcap entry I use is:

sa|F10 Starwriter:\
	:lp=/dev/ttyi1:br#2400:fs#06320:of=/usr/lib/lpf: \
	:xs#40000:sd=/usr/spool/lpsa:

The tty port is on an Able dh/dm.
--
		Lyle McElhaney
		(hao,brl-bmd,nbires,csu-cs,scgvaxd)!denelcor!lmc