How to kill proportional Spacing on the &%$# Typesetter?

Chris Torek chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Mon Mar 18 00:14:39 AEST 1985

Surprise!  Standard troff doesn't have any fixed width fonts.  I don't
know what (if any) fonts supplied with itroff are fixed width.

One horrible kludge is to use the \z and \h commands to force fixed width
characters.  However, it looks awful.  If you must use it, try (e.g.)

   \z'A'\h'15u'\z'B'\h'15u'

(Better check the format of these things in the troff manual.  I haven't
used troff since we got TeX---which, by the way, has fixed width fonts.)
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris at maryland